Home Ownership FAQS
Do you have questions about Home Ownership?
We are here to answer your most important questions below.
Below is a list of the frequently asked questions about home ownership that we receive. If you do not see your question below or have a specific question that you would like to ask us, please contact us here and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Sweat equity hours are volunteer hours performed with the approval of Habitat Case Managers. The total 400 or 200 required hours are equivalent to your/a Habitat Homeowner’s down payment in lieu of a monetary down payment. They can be earned in a variety of ways, but ideally a family should be working alongside the volunteers while their home is being built. Each family must also complete an 8-hour homebuyer education class, an 8-hour financial literacy class and other classes deemed necessary. A family can bring up to five volunteers including themselves to help them earn hours.
Homes are sold based on their appraised value. And have a closing cost of $4000.
Habitat serves families who’s demonstrate their ability to pay, willing to partner and have a need for housing.
Interested in homeownership?
You will be required to upload the following documents when submitting your online application:
- Picture ID or Driver’s License for anyone over 18 years of age.
- Proof of residency (Birth Certificates, Green Cards, Citizenship form, or US Passport) for everyone in the household.
- Social Security Cards for everyone in the household.
- Last 3 month of paystubs for everyone who is employed in the household.
- Last 2 years of SIGNED Federal Income Tax Returns with all W2’s for everyone in the household.
- Proof of any additional income (SSI Award letter, Child Support order, etc.) for the last 2 years.
- If applicable, Divorce Decree.
- A non-refundable $100.00 application fee per individual applicant or married couple (fee waived for military applicants).
How do I Learn More?
To find out more about the homeownership program or to find out if you qualify, speak with a member of the Family Services team:
2830 W Glendale Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85051